Meta Ray-Ban Display glasses have been sold out since they were released on September 30, 2025.
Ten months have passed and they're still scarce as hen's teeth.
I did find many pairs available on StockX, where current prices are around $830, not much more than the retail price of $799, though when they first appeared on StockX at the end of January they sold for $1,300.
In recent months I've occasionally used Google to search for a store near me that has them but no dice.
Just for lulz I asked Perplexity Pro to help me find a place to buy them one day last month.
It took the AI just under 9 minutes to finish its deep dive into the internet and report the results pictured up top.
Much more than I've been able to learn after hours of frustration trying to get this information via Google Search.
Lagniappe: It was fascinating watching the AI display its "thought" process onscreen as it went down myriad internet rabbit holes.
Long story short: I've got no interest in driving three hours each way to northern Virginia to do the mandatory in-person demo required before I can purchase them.
At $15/month (down from $20/month when I signed up last year) Perplexity Pro remains the best value for money of anything I've paid for in recent memory.

antares
ReplyDeleteBeware of AI.
ChatGPT is so misinformed and maltrained that it is useless. I never used it, but last year in three months on three separate threads, people disagreed with me on the signing of the armistice of the Korean War, the rating of the USS Constellation, and the use of disintegrating links by the Luftstreitkräfte.
1. According to ChatGPT, South Korea signed the armistice. This is wrong. Syngmun Rhee, the president of South Korea (Republic of Korea) refused to sign. However, he promised the American commanding general that South Korea would abide by the terms of the agreement.
2. According to ChatGPT, the USS Constellation was a 36-gun frigate. This is wrong. The USS Constellation was a 38-gun frigate. The difference is huge.
3. According to ChatGPT, the Luftstreitkräfte used disintegrating links in its fixed machine guns in airplanes. This is wrong. The Luftstreitkräfte knew of disintegrating links and tested them but chose to keep cloth belts to feed the fixed machine guns.
All these I knew before there was Ai, before there was an internet.
Once I asked Brave's AI search for the first Jasta to equip with the Fokker D.VII. The AI answered Jasta 27. This surprised me. Jasta 27 seemed an odd choice. However, I knew the Fokker D.VII got odd postings, so I went with it. I was immediately upbraided online. Yeah, Jastas 10 and 11 were the first to equip with the D.VII, not Jasta 27. I knew who had the right stuff, but I chose the easy way. That lead me to Hell.
Joe, If you are happy with Perplexity's answers, good for you, but I suggest suspicion. That the AI says you need an appointment with each supplier sets off warning bells for me.
Trust everyone, but cut the cards.
Since the release of the glasses last September 30:
ReplyDelete........................................................................
To purchase Meta Ray-Ban Display, you must schedule a demo and fitting appointment at an authorized retailer.
Meta Ray-Ban Display is a first-of-its-kind product. A demo is required to purchase, but inventory isn’t guaranteed. Selection varies by store, and your preferred style may not be in stock after your demo.
Appointments can be booked several weeks in advance, with new slots opening daily.
If your preferred date is unavailable, you can opt to receive notifications when new appointments become available.