Thursday, August 13, 2026

Wrap City Potato Chip Company: best.Potato Chips.EVER.


After an August 1 tip (below)





















from madamjujujive, grand panjandrum of EVERLASTING BLĂ–RT, one of the very longest lived websites still standing (since 2001!), I took a flutter on Wrap City Chips.

Long crunchy story short: I agree with her assessment.

Full disclosure: I love potato chips and have long pursued and tried zillions of brands in search of greatness.

About 15 years ago I reported on an in-depth potato chip tasting (around 10 different small-batch/company brands) with another aficionado.

As best I recall, the winner was a company that sliced its potatoes (peel on) not in the customary way but rather along the long axis, yielding humongous slices that when fried were incredibly good.

Alas, they went out of business.

I wish I could remember the company's name... they were based somewhere in the east, New Jersey/Pennsylvania....

But I digress.

Today and henceforth, these are my potato chips of choice.

You can too!  

Lagniappe: My chips arrived around 5pm during a thunderstorm; the delivery guy put the box on my front stoop where it sat overnight, only coming to my attention the next morning when I saw the delivery confirmation in my email.

"Yikes!", I thought — "What if they were all wet and soggy from the rain?"

The box was plenty damp and soft; to my delight, however, Wrap City's packaging consists of a heavy paper bag completely lined with the same clear plastic they use for the front window (see video up top).

The chips were perfectly crunchy, no moisture effects whatsover.

No comments:

Post a Comment