The one thing I've hated about running ever since I took it up is the boredom.
I can deal with the heat and the sweat and fatigue just fine but the main reason I skip days and have trouble getting going pretty much every day is that it's so darn darn boring.
I listen to the same playlist of songs I've been listening to for decades over and over and over again.
No matter how loud I crank up the volume it doesn't eclipse the boredom.
I noticed from the beginning that when I have someone to run and chat with it's an entirely different thing: the time whizzes by without me noticing it and it's quite enjoyable.
Alas, I've rarely had a running buddy and now that I live in Podunkville and go at random times, it's pretty much unlikely I'll ever have one.
I found talking on the phone while running works great except the people on the other end can't stand the sound of my tired breathing and road noise and whatnot so that's a non-starter.
I mean, I can deal with a lot of extraneous noise on the other end but I seem to be the exception to the rule.
Anyway, here's my idea for the "Talk on the Run" club: I create a website that's live, sort of like streaming live on YouTube, but instead of peeps passively watching and commenting in the sidebar, they can chat with me in real time so that it's like I have virtual running buddies on the other end no matter where they are IRL.
Interested? Bueller? Anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment