A long time ago on an internet far, far different than today's, bookofjoe was way more popular than it is today.
I'm talking an average of 15,000 page views/day in 2010-2012 compared to around 500/day now.
Some days there were over 100,000!
A lot of great things resulted, one being that so many readers sent me stuff of interest to feature that it was much easier to post 8 times daily than it is now to do 3 posts/day.
I got very little spam, considering: each morning I'd go through what came in while I was sleeping (spammers and advertisers figured that out) and delete the junk: it took just a couple minutes.
Cut to today when AI and prediction markets have so messed things up that major long-time websites are being destroyed.
It will only get worse.
Me, I'm gonna stay under the radar.
In the 10 months since I switched from Typepad to Blogger, I'd guess I've received maybe 5 spam comments: not bad!

No comments:
Post a Comment