
I've waxed effusively here before about Perplexity Pro: it just saved me $800 right after I ponied up $200 to renew my subscription for a year.
Ever since Meta released its Ray-Ban Display AI glasses I've wanted a pair; alas, they're still in short supply and not available anywhere near my Podunkville domicile.
You can get them now without the currently required (by Meta) in-store demonstration and fitting if you're willing to pay above list price: there are many for sale on eBay.
I was starting to get all excited and thinking of taking a flutter but first I asked Perplexity Pro for a rundown on sizes, styles, colors, etc.
Turns out (top) they only come with Shiny Black or Shiny Sand frames (I prefer matte black like my current Meta Gen 2 non-display glasses) but the dealbreaker for me is the mandatory Transitions lenses (clear indoors, darkening outdoors): I hate transition lenses because they make it impossible to know exactly whatever you're recording actually looks like.
I'll keep my money, thank you very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment