Wednesday, October 7, 2026

On Using My MacBook Pro Keyboard After A Couple Months With The DAS Mechanical Keyboard



In a fit of nostalgia a few months ago I took a flutter on a DAS Professional Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Blue Switches because I wanted to see if they still felt and sounded like the clackety-clack version I had ages ago.

Long answer short: YES!

I love the DAS's tactile and audio feedback and I find I'm more accurate and faster as well on this retro keyboard.

Then, the other night, when I decluttered my workspace desktop, after disconnecting and removing the DAS keyboard along with my laptop stand, I kind of liked the streamlined look, so I've delayed putting everything back the way it was in favor of continuing with the minimalist approach for a while.

It's eerie how silent the MacBook keyboard is in comparison; another thing is how little effort is required to type compared to the force necessary to use the DAS.

No comments:

Post a Comment