Friday, August 28, 2026

White noise, distractions and 'mostly say hooray for our side'




















99% of what I read falls into one of the three categories in the headline up top.

White noise is the Guardian's current jones about what it gleefully labels Meta's "Pervert glasses."

Distractions are things like Xfinity breaking into whatever I happen to be watching on TV several times a week with its full blue screen-of-annoyance Thunderstorm Alerts that stay up for several minutes.

"Mostly say hooray for our side" is my sardonic "Whoopee!" when Apple sporadically releases a 15-minute-long immersive video for Vision Pro.

The 1% that doesn't fit into one (or more) of these categories is where I live.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space."*

Just so.

*Jim Whittaker, the alpine climber who in 1963 became the first American to summit Mount Everest.

No comments:

Post a Comment